Jeffrey E. Strauss, Of Counsel
Jeffrey E. Strauss was admitted to the New Jersey, New York, and Washington D.C. bars; admitted to U.S. Supreme Court (1999); admitted to U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals (1998).
Mr. Strauss has been designated by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney in 1992 and has been recertified in 1999, 2006 and 2011. He has obtained numerous verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients since he began the practice of law in 1986. He is a Litigator; a Trial Lawyer.
Mr. Strauss is a 1979 graduate of Rutgers University where he majored in Zoology and Physiology. Upon graduation he pursued graduate coursework in Immunology, Endocrinology and Biochemistry. He then attended Graduate school at Boston University providing laboratory teaching assistance in Human Anatomy and obtaining his Master of Science degree in Health Sciences-Applied Anatomy and Physiology. He chose to enter the law in 1983 at Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan where he was invited to join the Law Review during his first year eventually serving as its Articles Editor.
Mr. Strauss graduated from law school Cum Laude in January 1986 and worked for the U.S. Department of Human Services Office of General Counsel in New York City on Medicare Appeals until becoming a member of the New Jersey Bar in June 1986. He then associated with law firms specializing in substantial injury cases due to Medical Malpractice, Product Liability, Industrial and Construction accidents and Serious Car or Truck Crashes.
Mr. Strauss has been the Co-Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Medical Malpractice Subcommittee for two years, he is a member of the Union County Bar Association, a Master in the Richard J. Hughes Inns of Court of Union County, a member of the New Jersey Association for Justice, formerly known as The New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association.
He was the lead author of “Selecting the Right Cases” published in the New Jersey Law Journal’s Medical Malpractice Section, August 8, 2005. Mr. Strauss is a Member of the Bar in New Jersey, New York and Washington D.C. and is admitted to practice in the New Jersey Federal Courts, the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
His practice is devoted to litigation and he has been counsel on numerous significant cases during his career, most significantly as co-counsel in obtaining a $21 million jury verdict involving inflicted brain injuries to an infant by foster parents This was one of the largest verdicts in the nation in 2006. Recently, a New York medical malpractice matter was resolved at mediation yielding a $3 million settlement.
He has been involved in numerous appellate cases in the State and Federal Courts of New Jersey and before the New York Supreme Court- Appellate Division. Mr. Strauss is involved in his community and has served as an elected member of the Scotch Plains Township Council, a four year post. He is also a member of the Scotch Plains Planning Board, was Council liaison to the Recreation Commission and a member of the Shared Governmental Services Committee which coordinated services and functions with the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Board of Education and the Borough of Fanwood. Previously, he was a resident in Fanwood and served on the Zoning and Planning Boards in Fanwood and has been involved in numerous community and sports organizations.
- Rutgers University (B.S. Zoology and Physiology, 1979)
- Rutgers University (Graduate coursework in Immunology and Endocrinology, 1979-1981)
- Boston University (M.S. Applied Anatomy and Physiology, 1982)
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School (J.D., Cum Laude, Law Review, 1986).
- Union County Bar Association
- Master in Union County Inns of Court (2001 to present)
- New Jersey Bar Association Medical Malpractice Subcommittee (2000 to 2005)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America/American Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice, formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America and New Jersey Association for Justice
- Personal Injury
- LitigationMedical Malpractice
- Construction/Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Burns and Products Liability
- Residential Real Estate purchases and sales
- Municipal Court litigation for summonses, tickets and DWI